The classic American Grilled Cheese sandwich is given a makeover, with this balanced and veggie-rich rendition!
2 slices bread (wholemeal, rye etc)
2-4 thin slices of Gouda (herb or smoked tastes best)
3/4 cup spinach loosely packed
2-3 slices of tomato (as many as you can fit in a single layer on the bread)
Dash of olive oil
3/4 cup lettuce
1/2 cup rocket leaves
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
3/4 tablespoon red wine vinaigrette
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper to season
1. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Place one slice of bread and 1-2 slices of Gouda.
3. Allow cheese to melt slightly, layer on spinach and tomato and top with second potion of cheese and bread.
4. Flip after a minute or two, or until bread browned.
5. Grill until golden brown and cheese melted.
6. Toss salad ingredients. Serve!