Don’t we all love our comfort foods? Today we want to tackle the most popular and undoubtedly most amazing comfort food of all time – PIZZA!
Ranked number one as the world’s all-time favorite comfort food, it’s a pity how such an awesome pleasure in life could be so sinful. Don’t get us wrong, we are not trying to paint fast food in a bad light. We merely want to provide better and more wholesome alternatives to the foods we consume which are imbalanced in nutrients. And we do all this without compromising on the amazing taste!
1 wholemeal tortilla wrap
3 table spoons of bottled pasta sauce (tomato puree, tomato, garlic, bacon, mushroom, herbs, salt and pepper)
¼ cup grated mozzarella
½ Red Pepper
½ yellow pepper
½ green pepper
2 large shitake mushrooms
2 small chicken breasts (marinated in chili powder, soy sauce, sesame oil) (optional for vegetarian alternative)
1. Line a baking tray with grease-proof baking paper and preheat an oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Wash and slice the vegetables into thin slices.
3. In a hot pan with a shot of olive oil, sauté the bell peppers until lightly browned, about 5-10 minutes. (This part is important, it makes sure there won’t be excess water when the pizza is baking which helps the crust remain crispy)
4. Marinate the chicken breast in 1 table spoon of chili powder/flakes, 1 table spoon of soy sauce and a shot of sesame oil. Slice into thin strips.
5. Stir fry the chicken breast until cooked in a hot pan (5-10 minutes)
6. Now for the fun part, building the pizza.
7. Place the wholemeal tortilla wrap on the baking tray, spread the pasta sauce and sprinkle on the cheese. Layer the peppers, mushrooms and chicken, top with more cheese if desired.
8. Leave in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
9. Leave to cool and serve!
An amazingly healthy alternative to thin crust pizza at a fraction of the price you get them at restaurants. We hope that this recipe will help you indulge in comfort foods more mindfully! We bet that you can complete this recipe in less time than your pizza delivery takes to arrive, so you guys have no excuse. What are you waiting for? Try them out the next time you are in need of some warm, yummy comfort!