Ever craved pasta but hoped for a healthier substitute? Here’s a tried-and-tested summer squash pesto pasta recipe to fulfill your inner foodie!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
One handful of basil leaves
⅓ handful of nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts)
1 tsp salt
80ml olive oil
Zucchini (summer squash) pasta
1 large zucchini (about 400g)
A few asparagus spears
Olive oil for sautéing
A small bowl of pesto
Cherry tomatoes to taste
Mozzarella/parmesan for garnish
Blend all ingredients together.
1. Skin zucchini using a fruit/vegetable peeler. Use the peeler to make zucchini ribbons. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Sauté mushrooms and asparagus.
3. Towards the end, add in the zucchini ribbons.
4. Toss and stir in the pesto. Add cherry tomatoes. Continue tossing.
5. Serve with mozzarella/parmesan as garnish.