With only 6 more days to Thanksgiving, I hope you have gotten your plans and recipes ready. If you have not, it is probably time to get started because you do not want to only get things up at the eleventh hour. Let us help you get started in the mornings with this amazing recipe that uses Açaí berries. They are well known around the world for their wonderful attributes. You can find them as frozen purée packs in the frozen organic section of many supermarkets in town.
If you have not already seen our limited edition Christmas Box, you should have a look now because it contains some of the newest, unique flavours we have ever had so far. We might not be releasing these flavours alongside our regular boxes. These boxes do great as gifts for friends and loved ones – a fitting encouragement to prepare for the new year with a resolution to eat smart and stay healthy. We also do provide healthy snacks for work and larger groups. While you are at it, you can browse our complete range of nut mixes and granolas!
Açaí Bowl topped with Honey Citrus Nut Mix
The recipe I have chosen today works great as an early breakfast to kick-start the day or as a snack at any other time. Its light, and refreshing on the palette and it works really well if you have had a heavy dinner last night. Topping this off with some granolas and the Honey Citrus Nut Mix turns this into a satisfying, filling meal.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Makes about 1 serving
- 1 pack of frozen açaí purée
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- 1 cup soy milk (or dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup of fresh mixed berries
- 1/2 pack Honey Citrus Nut Mix
- Optional: honey (add to taste)
- Optional: 1/2 cup granola
- Blend the frozen açaí purée, milk, and frozen berries in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the contents in the blender into a bowl.
- Top off the bowl with fresh mixed berries and the Honey Citrus Nut Mix (and granola, if you wish)
- For a little sweetness, drizzle the top with honey.
This recipe is entirely vegan- and vegetarian-friendly – use soy instead of regular dairy milk, and avoid adding granola. You can, however, add the Honey Citrus Nut Mix.
As always, if you ever do need our attention, we are just a click away on our live chat!
Only loves the mid-day sun when he's by the pool. On days when he's not, he can be found snacking on the team's goodies at work.