Can't get enough of fried chicken? We're all about baking, not frying. Use our Popeye's Spinach Nut Mix as a crust to get equal crunch, less the processed carbs!
- 1 packet of Made Real Popeye’s Spinach Nut Mix
- 2 large egg whites
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 table spoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius
2. Poke breast several times with fork
3. Cut them into strips that resembles chicken tenders
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and refrigerate, uncovered, 15 mins
5. Process nuts in a food processor, until it looks like coarse meal and transfer into a shallow dish
6. Beat egg in a second bowl
7. Place flour in a third dish with a bit of salt and pepper
8. Pat the breast dry. Dip the breasts, one at a time, into flour, patting off excess, then into egg, then into nut mixture
9. Place Breast on a rack placed over a cookie sheet
10. Repeat the process
11. sprinkle some olive oil before placing the rack in the oven
12. Bake until internal temperature of chicken is 160F, 20-25 minutes. Rest 5 minutes, then serve with lemon wedges.
Tried it? Share your rendition in the comments below!