We just saved your life. No longer feel guilty when you indulge in the carb filled, grease covered goodness aka fries. Here’s a substitute that will blow your mind.
1. 6 medium sized sweet potatoes
2. Olive oil to drizzle
3. Salt and Pepper (optional)
1. Wash and leave the skin on, slice sweet potatoes into even 1-2 cm thick strips.
2. Steam or boil them for roughly 10 mins or until strips are soft. Preheat oven at 220 degrees celsius.
3. Drain and toss the fries with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or until evenly and sparingly coated.
4. Lay out evenly on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Thicker strips will produce fries that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Like an explosion of flavour and goodness. We left out the salt and pepper as we preferred sweet fries, but it is completely up to you! It also goes great with drizzle of honey! Mmmh, warm and delicious.